Friday, December 03, 2004

Though togetherness is already impossible, your one smile still warms me, your silent protector. And while you sing in the festive seasons and cry in the slumps of your life, I will watch over you, share your joy and feel your pain......Till that day comes where you find someone who could take care of you better than I do, then will I walk away.......thats what love is all about.....
"我会学着放弃你,是因为我太爱你"


hi ppl, I'm back and I'm 16 already. A milestone of my life, a landmark on my history. Yet for a such a significant event, 24hrs seem so short and unable to match up to the occasion. There is just so many things to do, to reflect, to plan and so on....Time is a factor we are fighting against. This time round, I invited both my pri sch and sec sch friends to a chalet. A perfect reunion, one would muse, yet it ended up as a beautiful disaster. U knoe like the scene from Deep Impact, where the father and daughter stood at the beach and watched the meteorite crashed into the ocean and the tsunami approaching, then they hugged each other. Such was the feeling then. I had forgotten a important detail in my planning, that is the discriminatory slant to elitism, noting that discrimination actually happens both ways. I always tot discrimination was a one-sided affair, yet now I understood why discrimination stood, becoz ppl are unwilling to adapt, ppl are unwilling to move out of their comfort zone, and thus discrimination becomes the simplest excuse they can give to avoid the other party. And thus, the chalet party became a obvious split between 2 factions, each engrossed in what they are doing and treating as though the other faction wasn't there. Well...I as middleman was trying to bridge the obvious gap but after a while, I gave up and the beautiful disaster sets in. Why was it beautiful, you may ask. Well...for simple events such as these....My pri sch friends and I sat outside while the "RI contigent" was busy in the gambling den and we just talked for 2hrs non-stop. It has been 4 years since so many of us got together and just talk and crap. For events like.....the second barbecue....jx trying to start the fire for the second time and ended up with his face in ash...richard trying to take a picture of a cockroach...for the morning stroll and soccer and breakfast...For such priceless and beautiful memories, they are beautiful...Still, I have to apologise to those who felt left out or offended, hope that in view of such beautiful memories, u would accept this as a beautiful disaser..... My birthday closed with laughter, smiles, nostalgia and without a girlfriend....(last part was added on special resquest:X)

Singapore Idol
Yes, we have just witnessed the birth of our very own SG idol, Taufik, it seems to be have won the competition, yet these few days, the media threw up fantastical suggestions and debate on who is the real winner. One reader says that he suspect that it was rigged for Mediacorp would not reveal figures of the voting and he demanded his money back. lol, that was the closest suggestion to who really won and the rest of the articles were babbling on how taufik won and yet slyvester stole the limelight. Firstly, they are missing the point. Secondly, I suspect foul play. And thus I present to you my take on the true winner of SG idol.

HEADLINES: TRUE WINNER OF SG IDOL IS DRUMROLL.....MEDIACORP AND THE TELECOM COMPANIES
gasp*how is that possible? A Taufik fan claims incredulously. Taufik won SG idol. She insisted. Yup, I would agree that Taufik won SG idol competition, but everyone seems to be missing the point that the TV station and the telecom companies are truly the ppl benefiting from this event. Guess the idol fever haven't died done. Look, they tell us 3 million votes were casted throughout SG idol and 1.1 million on the finals. Do a bit of maths and you'll see that they add up to 1.5 million bucks for the show and 0.55 million for the finals. lol, thats assumong that they are telling the truth. Plus, viewership on the finals skyrocketed. Count the no. of commercials they put in. Considering that they charge more for the peak in viewership, count the profits yourself, not forgetting that they do have sponsors that fork out money for the event. At the end of the day, what happened? One, SG's economy gets a boost due to the sudden activity of cash transactions. Two, many parents would scream at their children when they receive their telephone bils. Three, there is no World Idol, so the competition was in vain. And finally, Sly stealing the limelight with his "equal treatment" as the SG idol.
heyhey, will just share a few lines on what i think about this equal treatment. You can't blame BMG coz they are driven by capitalism. They are bound by contract to give Taufik a contract and they'll lose lots of money if they do not. They gave Sly a contract coz they knoe that Sly would bring in much more money than Taufik and they need money... You cannot deny that Taufik's market is much more limited and restricted than Sly's. Just imagine his album side by side with all other english albums that come from Europe. Can he make an impression? Though he has a good voice, can he draw in mass appeal? For Sly, it's another story. SG idol proved that if he produces a album, it'll be snatched off shelves in a flash. He has the ability to generate public interest and public's extreme opinions, including those that hate him throughly. Yet to a recording company, when someone is extremely loved and hated at the same time, omg, its free advertisement.