Friday, December 31, 2004

lolz, jus realised that I've not blogged a lot about the holidays and am certainly not doing justice to the events that took place. The last I blogged was on my birthdae chalet which was 1 month ago, so here goes dec....

In the midst of the holidays, I started watching the replay of MVP valentine on Channel U every morning at 11am. Little did I know that it was a additive depressant.....the more u watch, the more depressed u get. lol, but i finally broke out of that, would cover it later. Would now share the little reflections I had while watching the show. Here goes.......

在球场,rejection 是被盖火锅,是一个球员的成功,另一个球员的失败。
在情场,rejection 是无限的打击,是一个人的狠心,另一个人的痛心。

但就如强强所说,“打球本来就是一件很快乐的事“,爱情也一样。

既使知道上篮会被盖,会成为失败者,但为了上篮那一刻自由飞翔的感觉,不顾一切,相信只要不断的尝试,就会有成功的那一天。爱情也如此。情场如球场,都是我们寻找幸福快乐的地方。。。

2B chalet
hmm........I guess thts all for the reflection part...moving on we have the "2B class chalet", termed as such as most ppl who went were from 2B. was it 12 or 13 ppl went, i'll try to list here. Richard, yy, xl, snl, vin, deng,zj, jx, lu, don, daniel, di hong, guang how. I guess thts about it, well...forgive me if i left ur name out.....hmm....lets start from 1 day b4, went with vin to snl's house to "plan" for chalet......shan and vin jus returned from their pri sch chalets respectively....seemingly coming back worse than when they first went....lolz...we did do some planning but most of the time we just heard snl ranting off about the opposite sex's insignificance(This is a very formal way of putting it:)) Well....the next day was the chalet itself, would not go into details, jus bringing some highlights....

In the chalet room, at 8 or 9 in the night, shan, me and 2 others playing mahjong, with shan closest to the door.

*knock knock
shan runs to open the door
Outside were 2 girls who apparently got the wrong room.
*giggles
door slammed shut
"F**k off"
the giggling stopped


2 am I believe in the morning....nothing to play, when we decided on Truth or Dare, Shan insisted that we play till he gets a dare. When he finally did, he set the dare for himself. The next moment, he opens the door and shouts, "RGS ****" (censored due to senstivity reasons) (if anione from RG passes by, dun ask me why he did that, even me and vin, his friends dun knoe the reason for such a extreme prejudice) Well......lolz, thts all I can say


Other moments worth remembering include shan's great attempt at 13 yao1 and succeeding in it. If we were playing money, we would be bankrupt by now....On the last nite, we went down to the breakwaters at 10pm and sat there for an hour i believe. lolz, might not be much to others, but I've always had a special relationship with nature, totally immersed within the serenity and gentleness. Though not much was said on the breakwaters, we were jus staring out into open sea in the pitch darkness, it meant a lot to me, seemingly to confirm our bonds with each other b4 we separate to different JCs in jan. Daniel also came on the last nite, and we chatted all the way into the morning.....Somehow, in a funny way, I knoe that I'll miss 2B in the years to come ahead....

Well thts all on 2B chalet......

Next on would be Christmas....lets start on the eve...(pls note the the first half of this Christmas entry is still basically ranting, so if u do not wish to hear, join in with the spirit of Christmas in the 2nd half)

Elitism becomes a crime on Christmas eve. B4 this, Christmas was jus any other public holiday lined on the calendar with not much significance, but perhaps after this christmas, I've understood Christmas....No, it doesn't mean I converted, rather I understand why this festival is so special. Anw, back to the main point, elitism becomes the criminal of the season as I went out with cedrick, zhiyong, hengyi to city harvest church Christmas Spectaculars at the Indoor Stadium. lol, as hengyi's church friends are mostly my age, meaning jus taken O levels and jus had PAE posting. lol, so the opening line for the day was "which jc u going"....as such i shall list some of the conversations here.

Conversation 1
"which Jc u going?"

"RJ"

*astonished, mouth gaping, shocked, awed, etc. (obviously this is exaggerated)

"not my fault rite" me trying to ease the tension and laugh it off.....

"Yeah, not your fault that u are so brillant"

Ouch!

Conversation 2
Same opening as b4

"6 points?"

*nods head cautiously

"aw, then O level no need to improve already lor"

Ouch!

Lol, perhaps its my over sensitivity to words and the elitist environment I’m used to, I have a tendency to pick up on other ppl’s words, another way of putting it is putting words into ppl’s mouth in the sense that I pick up meanings of words that they did not intend. Well… that’s me… and I am not really angry at the ppl who said the above, but well… just to make a point. 6-pointers are human on earth too, elites are humans on earth too, we are not some alien geeks living on planet Z spending their whole lives immersed in knowledge and wisdom. We are not superman nor made of steel, we just need to be treated like a fellow human…lol, speaking of such, I need to apologize to ppl around me, for my words are often laced with hidden malice and sarcasm, a by-product of 4 years of elitist education… Well…enough about words, lets move on to Christmas.

So, the group of us went to Indoor Stadium at 4pm, when the event starts at 7pm, thus stoning around becomes the norm…we even had a game of Chinese chess, a pastime that was long lost after sec 2 for me. After that, we went into the stadium. The event was rather spectacular, considering the church size, a few ten thousands I think. After the event, we went down to Orchard to join in the countdown. The whole Orchard was packed to the its fullest and most of the time we spent there were spent jostling in the crowd. Though entertainment wise there wasn’t much, but well I went there for the festive spirit and that was obviously in the air. Ppl were spraying foam and partying, a joyous atmosphere was present throughout my stay. Though after the countdown, there was a squeeze for the MRT station as only 1 entrance is open, which Cedrick commented that would make headlines the next day as “Singaporeans turn ugly at the stroke of Christmas”, the whole joyous atmosphere could not be drowned down. A spectacular sight awaited us on the steps of the MRT station as we had to walk on a platform made from spray cans to get to the MRT station. Christmas started on a high note for me. Oh, this is long overdue, but still Merry Christmas everyone.

Christmas day itself was spent indoors with my relatives coming over to visit. The dinner we had was sumptuous, sushi, turkey, ribs, ham, bacon and bee hoon and fried rice. Whole day was spent on eating and more eating Was a happy person throughout Christmas this year and for some reason, Christmas seems more special this year…

BBQ again

On boxing day, day after Christmas, or day to commemorate Boxer from Animal Farm(just jk), another bbq was in line at shawn’s house. I woke up in the morning with fever and sore throat. If not for an earlier event, I believe I’d given this bbq a miss. Well…I’m glad I didn’t miss it. We went to Richard house to gather our resources first but instead of going straight to Shawn’s house, we ended up in Giant to buy sausages and marshmallows. When we finally got to shawn’s house, we were like 1.5h late. Well… the bbq affairs were rather standard, for any place with Shannon around would be havoc… haha, just jk, lol, but to speak the truth, there was a lingering nostalgia in the air, most probably due to the fact that sch was restarting soon and we would soon be separated…L



4D chalet

I dun really knoe wat to say of this coz I was there for a total of less than 5 hours. The rest of the time was spent at richard’s house and TM. After helping them check in on the first day. I went back home and intended to return at night. After much discussion, Kevin came from richard’s house and went back 5h later. Bleah… but I’ll say that Richard’s house was much better than 4D chalet. We went at 1am to a coffee shop to eat char kway tiao. Lol, may not mean much, but its all bout creating memories, and I’ll for sure remember all my friends aka the “gay gang”. The next day, we slept till afternoon, woke up for lunch and proceeded to TM to watch Kung Fu Hustle. Really cute show…I’ll say and maybe I’m biased coz of the excessive use of dong1 hai2 yu2 ge1 in the movie. Lol, I guess it looked more like a musical than a movie but it’s really cute, a must watch, if to be rated by me. There were touching scenes too, the analogous portrayal of a painful childhood love memory must be all too familiar to some ppl. Well…I’ll say that the movie is well-balanced on the whole, not too heavy nor too light for taste of all ppl. After the movie, went back for 4D bbq. Wat more could I say, my mind is a blank…then I went home… lol, 4 D chalet successfully ranks 1st on my most unenjoyable chalet…



The tsunami strikes

On boxing day morning, an earthquake measuring 9.0 on the ritcher scale hit Indonesia, causing a first wave of extensive damage. When the world thought the worst was over, the tsunami waves struck, and they hit hard and mercilessly. 2 hours after the initial earthquake, the shores closest to the epicenter experienced something strange. Water started to recede at a quick speed and the waves seem to break at the horizon. When the people realized what was happening, it was all too late. Tsunami waves going up to 3 storeys high whacked straight into the coast repeatedly…
At the end of 2004, in the last 30 mins, I bring your attention to the breaking news for while we look ahead into the new year, we must not forget those who did not make it. The tsunami came at such at time, seemingly to remind us of Mother Nature’s unpredictable wrath, for 2004 seems to a rather smooth-sailing year and the difficulties were overcame. Yet, god had to remind us that complacency was a definite no-no. Yes, the tsunami hit us where it hurt most… It was a painful reminder that even when we control our own fates, we cannot control Mother Nature… To the ppl who had died in this unfortunate event, we owe you a lifetime of debt. You had to be that painful sacrifice to remind us…


New Year’s Eve

hehe, today went to shan’s house in the morning to watch MVP qing ren finale. Hmm… why do love dramas always end happily whereas real life love dramas often see more tragedies than miracles. Is it because humans are more selfish in real life, or is it that the love portrayed in love dramas unrealistic… If it is the latter, then u can say that I’m stupid, coz I’m do not believe so.ah…well…its new year’s eve, shall not dwell on such unhappy topics. Lol, today, zj treated us to Swensons, okae- half-treated, we paid half, he paid half. Then we went deng’s house to play mahjong. Then went home to have dinner and ta-da, I’m here now. Ppl, as we wave away 2004, let us not forget what a year it was… My friends, family, RI, I salute you for making my year a meaningful one. While I look forward to the new year, I would never forget this year. Hope that you ppl out there feels the same as well…..