Random quotes from stuff i've been watching/reading
"Geniuses know the answer before knowing the question."
“Friends are an integral part of your life, but every friend you have must live life at their own pace. When the time comes & they must leave you, there is no need to grieve over their parting from your life. It is the very essence of life that it should be so. But it hurts nonetheless and we grieve nonetheless, but we hold them in our hearts forever. Always cherish the joy, laughter, memories and love that they have brought into your lives. Always remember them with a warm smile for what they have given you.”
"I've made the most important discovery of my life. It's only in the mysterious equation of love that any logical reasons can be found."
"But I usually lone it anyway, for no reason except that I like to watch movies undisturbed so I can get into them and live them with the actors. When I see a movie with someone, it's kind of uncomfortable, like having someone read your book over your shoulder."
"There'll be a whole lot of things you ain't gonna wanna do but you'll have to do in this life just so you can survive. Now I didn't like [some incident], but I let it be. I don't like letting it be, but I can live with that decision. But there are other things, that if I'd let them be, they'd eat away at me and destroy me in the end. And it's the same with you. There are things you can't back down on, things you gonna take a stand on. But it's up to you to decide what them things are. You have to demand respect in this world, ain't nobody just gonna hand it to you. How you carry yourself, what you stand for- that's how you gain respect. But ain't nobody's respect worth more than your own. You understand that?"
"A: What is a problem?
B: If I held you by your heels from a third storey window, you would have a problem."
A(after much thought): I do not think so. If you saved me, all would be well. If you dropped me, nothing would matter. It is you who would have the problem."
"There were two kinds of naivete, he said, quoting Schweitzer, one not even aware of the problems, and another which has knocked on all doors of knowledge and knows man can explain little, and is still willing to follow his convictions into the unknown."
Well.... haha.. think what i've read for the past few days is more than what I've been reading for the past 2 years. I think the pleasure out of reading a book comes from the conincidence of thoughts, when you read about a certain idea and go "exactly what I'd think", even if the context of your applied situation differs greatly from the setting of the book. A "cognitive reverie" indeed...
Carrying on with my sodagreen craze, this is THE song that i would say, defines the band.:)
是不是只能透过双手
爱才会有交直流
我也找不到够坚强的插座
看天空里浮云悠游
羡煞了我的不自由
我站在窗口我蹲在角落
听你的流动
谁说学不了微风
过眼从山间飞过
看耳边的窝堆成泡沫
咽了下一口就放出彩虹
落在我胸口
跳动的世界里找你的频率
静止也不休息
抓住你的呼吸
我再多说一句
猜你的回应
流动的时间里找你的旋律
转眼整个世界
只剩你的应许
今夜就开始放晴
我身上还有春天的痕迹
尘封的记忆已开始飘零
瞬间和永远零距离
我放自己飞行
在有你的记忆
[苏打绿-频率]