Is this what eyes were meant to see
The end of hope and all it meant to me
How can I find the strength to carry on another day
Without my pride there's nothing left to say
Is this the way my life was meant to be?
Too late for me to say that I was wrong
Perhaps the weak believe that they are strong
I thought that if I tried I'd find a way to earn their trust
Yet all I'd known and loved has turned to dust
It seems that there was no way I could belong
The fire that burns within your heart
The pain that tears your life apart
The rain that falls from broken skies
The love I lost beneath the lies
And must I face the truth alone?
Is this the end of all I'd known?
The years I gave, the tears I cried
Why dream of love, when love has died?
I know one day the story will be told
And in the end the secrets will be sold
And will they look at me and say I should have known the end
Perhaps I did but why should I pretend?
I only dreamt of love and growing old
The fire that burns within your heart
The pain that tears your life apart
The rain that falls from broken skies
The love I lost beneath the lies
And must I face the truth alone?
Is this the end of all I'd known?
The years I gave, the tears I cried
Why dream of love, when love has died...
[Why dream of love? - Kit Chan]
Taken from the Forbidden City. I was just listening to a random playlist when ITunes suddenly popped up with this song. It reminded of the time when the Lit class under Mrs Koh went for the Forbidden City performance as a Lit outing, and more importantly of how the performance was so touching and impressive that it changed my perception of musicals. hmm.... Forbidden City is showing again this sept, feel like watching again but both prelims and finances are of concern (esp when tickets go at 30 bucks each for restricted view, the lowest price category)
I miss Lit. I miss the times where an entire lesson can just be spedissectingecting a poem or discussing an issue. At least at that time one is allowed to dream and let thoughts wander. Now, we work on absolutes derived from first principles, be it in science, maths or even econs. I just suddenly felt this sense of loss...