Saturday, January 21, 2006

I was a midnight rider on a cloud of smoke
I could make a woman hang on every single stroke
I was an iron man
I had a master plan
But I was alone

I could hear you breathing
With a sigh of the wind
I remember how your body started trembling
Oh, what a night it's been
And for the state I'm in
I'm still alone

And all the wonders made for the Earth
And all the hearts in all creation
Somehow I always end up alone
Always end up alone

So I play, I'll wait
'Cause you know that love takes time
We came so far
Just the beat of a lonely heart
And it's mine
I don't want to be alone

Well, since I got no message on your answer phone
And since you're busy every minute.
I just stay at home
I make believe you care
I feel you everywhere
But I'm still alone

I'm on a wheel of fortune with a twist of fate
'Cause I know it isn't heaven, is it love or hate
Am I the subject of the pain
An I the stranger in the rain
I am alone

And if there glory there to behold
Maybe it's my imagination
Another story there to be told

So I play, I'll wait
And I pray it's not too late
We came so far
Just a beat of a lonely heart
And it's mine
I don't want to be alone

And all the wonders made for the Earth
And all the hearts in all creation
Another story there to be told

So I play, I'll wait
And I pray it's not too late
We came so far
Just a beat of a lonely heart
And it's mine
I don't want to be alone

Gone, but not out of sight
I'm caught in the rain and there's no one home
Face the heat of the night
The one that you love's got a heart that's made of stone

Shine and search for the light
And sooner or later you'll be cruising on your ocean

And clean out of sight
I'm caught in the rain and there's no one home

[Bee Gees- Alone]

The reason ppl dun like to be alone, apart from the connotation with anti-socialness, is the pristine clarity of thoughts they experience when they are alone. Humans are apparently delusional animals, that's why the clearer a thought, the more unacceptable it is to him. It is easy to be caught up in the interaction with others that one leaves no time for his/her own thoughts. Everything said, done and even felt are just regurgitations of what someone said, done and felt before. In this way, we are no better than robots, unfeeling but sophisicated.

Alone is a concept rather than a state, it's formulated by humans for humans to understand ourselves. Unfortunately, it has been shunned by today's superficial society. Until we learn to be alone, we would be livng our lives through the words, actions and feelings of others.....