Sunday, March 23, 2008

"Then something happened. I let go. Lost in oblivion. Dark.... and silent..... and complete.......... I have found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.." Fight Club (1999)
Irony. That's the key word. No matter how you look, it's always there. In Love Actually, the unwilling best man of a wedding involving keira knightley. In Crash, the shot fired upon an innocent girl who thinks her "paper cloak" can protect her from bullets and hence she'll be able to protect her father. These moments, captured by a skilful director on film, provokes our senses and emotions and works them into overcharged frenzies that at the end of the day, leaves us feeling more alive.... more human. More often than not, such ironies in real life are being ignored, brushed aside, put away without a second thought because we believe that we, being the insignificant us, are undeserving of such miraculous liberations over-sensationalised and romantised by hollywood. "In a long enough time frame, the survivablity of anyone is zero." (yes, i'm obsessed with Fight Club now) Ground zero, where you start, where you end. So stop, return to ground zero and experience what you were meant to.

I'm standing on the edge
And coming to my senses
From the reverie
Never thought I would
Never thought I'd need to
Say good bye, I bid you farewell
My voiceless words are swaying the flame

I can't live without...
I can't live without
I can't live without you here in the dark
I whisper your name over again
Give me the strength to seize the light
if I should find a way

I saw a dream
We were flying in the sky without a fear
Never touched the ground, never came to my side
I tried so hard to reach out for your hand
The worthless weight kept your soul away

I can't live without...
I can't give without
I can't breath without you here in the world
Do you feel the rain?
You said love takes no pain
With or without the sun
The lurid sky still tearing me apart

Wishing that freedom would reign over the pain
Give me the strength to belive the words that
"Love will find a way..."

I can't live without...
I can't give without you here in the world
Do you feel the rain, over the pain?
Give me the strength to believe the words that
"Love will find a way..."

With or without the sun
I'll be the light that won't say good-bye
'Cause I, I know I'll be with you

[Violet UK - Unnamed Song]

I putting up this beautiful song by yoshiki in honour of him and to mark X-japan's reunion on mar 28. And of course, as a sign of respect for the creator of such wondrous music that have accompanied me through the best and worst times of my life........

Long time since I've wrote such a long post. In a long enough time frame, the survivability of this blog is.... zero also. Maybe one day when i'm drunk (not necessarily on alcohol, could be on air, on water, on life), i'll find enough courage and reason to press the "delete" button.