hmm...time for a update I guess...Halfway through the O's, more than halfway really, with most of humanities and languages done. Anw, not harbouring too high hopes for the papers esp higher chinese and english. Both because of paper 1, situational writing, but, i'll be glad with an A2 for HCL and hope desperately for an A1 in English. The rest of the paper were sort of a breeze, cept for maybe Lit. It was in the afternoon and I was damn worried as I usually hit borderline A1 for it and I dropped to A2 during prelims. However, Mrs Koh's magical lesson 3 hours b4 the paper saved me to a certain extent, esp for twelve night. Anw, she was so pro, all three topic questions of PDD were gone through in depth in her class b4. Childhood, Campsite and Crab, Embankment. We spent a lot of time on each and I'm sure that the whole class would have no problem handling them. Embankment even came out in prelims...So, yes, thank you Mrs Koh and we definitely owe you a pizza:P I am rather confident of an A1 for Lit now if my unseen section don't screw up. Guess for the most of RI, the rest of O's would be a breeze, where we get our striaght As. Maths and Science are supposed to be the male gender's forte, so jia you...The worst is over, only better things could come.
With this window of time I have here, will just try to blog out some of the events I've missed before the exams.
A Tribute to Headmaster
27th Oct 2004
9.30a.m.
Albert Hong Hall
The Sec 4s were on study break and there was no need to return to school. It was the last the of school for sec 1-3s though. On reading Bjourn's email on Tuesday and Mrs Koh's appeal, I've decided to go back to pay a tribute to the great man. For the first time, the sec 4s were treated like guests and were allowed to seat at the gallery while the rest of the school were on first storey. It was a heartwarming occasion, similar to Grad ceremony. Headmaster made a speech, followed by a few others, representing the students and staffs. Finally, Headmaster was presented with a gift and the whole hall gave him a standing ovation, taking the lead from the teachers. The whole thing was just so natural and spontaneous and I finally understood after 4 years how a school becomes a family. It was certainly a tear-welling moment I would never forget. After all that, RV sang "Amigos Paras Samperes"(Friends for life) and I never knew they sang so well, showing their range as they sang both the soprano and bass parts. Not wanting to be outdone, Mrs Lim Jee Nee and Mr Paul Lim sang Auld Lang Sang. I never knew Mr Lim could sing so well, so kudos to him. Then Headmaster started on his ceremonial departure of the school. THe whole school got into two lines, creating a pathway of glory for Headmaster as he strides off. The whole human chain stretched all the way from within the hall to the tracks to the clock tower, into the carpark and all the way down the driveway to the main gate. At the clock tower, Headmaster got into a silver sports car with Mr Chow as driver. Students were flooding him with well-wishes as we followed him all the way to the gates of R.I. There, we did a Raffles cheer and Headmaster formally thanked us and put a full stop to his journey in R.I. What a great man! I'll never forget him and his stories. What do I gain from this experience, you may ask? Well... I gained nothing much. I wanted to wish him well so I went down. Though I was the insignificant one in the whole school's population and he might not hear my voice nor receive my well-wishes, my presence made a difference, if not to him than to me. If you ask me, I was glad that I heeded Mrs Koh's advice to go down and it was a decision I will never regret nor forget....