Saturday, October 16, 2004

I dun where should I start, how should I start. I know not how do I feel, how do I react. In the end, I'll be wrting glibberish but well, something has to be written. Its been 2 days and I think I can put events into rationale thoughts now.

The last day of school was rather uneventful. Was an NMA, thus played bridge at 4G. Then had two lessons and poof, we attended the last lesson and our secondary school academic chapter is closed. The whole class stayed in class after the report books were given out and startrd to pose for photos. Was a nostalgic moment when we tore down the notice boards and the classroom was reduced to what it was before, whitewash and empty. The lockers were emptied, every single thing that was not there at the start of the year was thrown, taken away, devasted. It seems to be the cycle of life, of moving on, of maturing, yet human's greatest double-edged knife, love, passion, pinch at which it hurt most, parting ways. It was not without anticipation that this day would come, but the impact, like death, took its toll on me. When I stepped into the classroom the start of the year, I told myself, I had one year left to not regret my choice to come to RI and take away the most exquisite and wonderful memories of secondary school days. My sec 1 and 2s were a mess, it was only in sec 3 that i began to understand why many great Rafflesians still finds it hard to forget RI. "You reap what you sow" How true. In sec 3 and 4, I put in everything I had into my CCA, into school activities, involving in a much higher level of events than in lower sec. I was duly rewarded...with experience, with friendship, with love, with care tht is so uniquely RI. RI devasted my lower sec days and picked me up in my upper sec days. They say "Only when a man is destroyed, then will he learn. Only when he learns, then will he progress." I thank you RI, for providing me with the failures and sucesses, with the disappointment and euphoria, for teaching me how to love, how to feel and most importantly for making me who I am today...

Graduation...with a bit of laughter, a bit of tears

Sat afternoon was grad ceremony. Again I understood why other schools, even top schools cannot compare with RI. RI seeks to provide the experience, like in this instance, how many schools would provide for a formal ceremony where you receive your graduation certs like in the university. Yes, you may say its formalities, but I am sure, no one would be quick to forget the moment they had on stage, being the pride of the school, the parents, the teachers and being appreciated and sent off appropiately. Many speeches were made and they all carried blessings. We had went through 4 years to live this day, what so sigificant is not the day itself but the 4 yrs. A video was shown, capturing images from sec 1-4. From orientation camp in sec 1, to the many batch activities and daily, trivial activities were recorded. They indeed brought laughter, but along with laughter came the tears. No matter how much you deny, the Rafflesian experience had become part of us. The pain, agony, tears, laughter, euphoria bound us together. After the day, nothing changes, life goes on, we go our separate ways, to JCs and Us, but....we'll remember the day where the batch song and school song were loudly sung for the last time........together......Whether you believe it or not, I almost teared during the ceremony, esp. when Mrs Koh was on the verge of tears, her voice breaking and hoarse. and I almost teared again reliving the experience in words...but...thats the exact feeling i wanted....if I did not tear, it would mean that my choice in P6 had been a great great mistake. Same thing applies for all of u out there, if u do not feel, then it is just so sad.

Okae...graduation's over...i shall make some updates to the few days after

Open Houses
in a short span of 48 hrs, I went to TJC, MJC, VJC open houses. TJC was on the last day of school. We reached there at about 3.30 i believe. I dunno but I felt rather oppressed in there. Yes, the ppl were helpful and some of the activities were rather interesting, but its just the whole atmosphere that didn't click. The group of us who went got bored soon and went to MJ. reached MJ at about 5pm? one hour before closing. Well....they were obviously much more delightful than TJ as much as I can tell, though we got some strange stares here and there. Who says RI ppl cannot go MJ?(indignantly) The thing that caught my eye was its CO. At its current strength, it would have been all but wise to join. But, there is a very huge BUT, the diff is that the conductor is Guo Ling Qiang Lao Shi, vice-conductor to SCO. oh yeah, i forgot to mention that their instruments were brand new and the timpanis were shiny...Thus i formed up this rather fallible argument, but it sounds logical though. Why stress urself up and travel more than 2hrs each day to go somewhere where a percussion teacher is non-existant when right at your doorstep, there is a super pro teacher waiting to teach u and the stress level, entry requirements are much lower. Furthermore, the chance of a leadership position is much higher becoz of a "glorious past". I'll get more CCA points, save on travelling time, get my grades, get a better testimonial due to a better chance of leadership position, have a super zai teacher to teach you, have brand new instruments staring at you. ppl out there, offer me a reason not to go to this JC. The only one I can thinf of so far is that i lose the rafflesian prestige and perhaps end up with 10000 unwanted abortions as quoted from Xunqi. Well.. guess I got to start weighing my options. Today in the LT, Bjorn made a statement that goes "RJ is a cold heartless place, they'll slam you out of a CCA if you do not have past experience or have not met entry requirement. Contrasted with NJ (for example), they allow you to join any CCA as long as you put ur heart in it." Tell me now, which is the obvious choice?

The last JC i went was VJ. Nothing much to say,just that their goodie bag veri gd, also got free ice-cream and free Milo, veri propagandive and attractive in a way. but in any way, i'll consider MJ b4 VJ. VJ, MJ, well done on your open house. TJ, I believe you need to improve to captivate more of the sec 4 innocous heart.